Marymead Retirement Village and Hub, Canberra, ACT
The Aerie is a retirement village positioned on a tree-lined street in Narrabundah, one of Canberra’s most picturesque suburbs. It houses a boutique community for over 55s in new purpose designed spacious homes, resort facilities and a vibrant and supportive village atmosphere.
Project Design Brief
Designers had to incorporate an underground detention tank to capture and detain surface water runoff from pavements and various roof systems from a nearby area with steep topography. The system needed to be strong, maintainable and adequately sized to meet the hydraulic requirements of the catchment.
- StormBrixx® SD geocellular stormwater management system
- ACO’s Technical Services provided the designer with structural calculations, installation drawings and a bill of materials
- The unique pillar configuration provides a high void ratio of 95% to maximise storage
- The brick bonding and cross bonding feature provides unparalleled stability in the construction of the tank
- An access chamber provides access for cleaning large diameter pipe inlets as well as to facilitate silt management