Riseley Street Apartments, Perth, Western Australia
Established in the 1950s, the Perth suburb of Booragoon underwent a recent surge in construction of small boutique upmarket apartment buildings. Booragoon is the indigenous name for the lower reaches of the Canning River. Riseley Street is the area’s main thoroughfare to the popular Garden City Shopping Centre positioned adjacent to the local government offices of the City of Melville.
Project Design Brief
Due to local government requirements, designers were required to incorporate an on-site stormwater infiltration system to alleviate runoff downstream. The 35m3 underground tank needed to be trafficable, durable, easy to install and maintain as well as cater for the total runoff volume from the pavement.
- StormBrixx® SD geocellular stormwater management system
- ACO’s Technical Services Department provided the designer with structural calculations, installation drawings and a bill of quantity
- The lightweight stackable design simplifies delivery and site logistics and is also quick and easy to assemble on site
- The tank’s brick bonding and cross bonding feature provides unparalleled stability
- Tested independently to certify structural integrity for long term strength
- Unique pillar configuration, which provides a high void ratio of 97% for optimum hydraulics
- Access units together with the unique pillar configuration enables entry into the tank for maintenance and inspection with a camera for silt management