Radford College, Canberra, ACT
Radford College is an Anglican co-educational school in Canberra with 1900 students from pre-kindergarten to Year 12. Recently, the school invested in two major capital works projects, including a new building nearing completion and a new car park to provide 62 additional car parking spaces to improve traffic flow within the campus.
Project Design Brief
Designers needed to incorporate a durable stormwater management system to deal with large runoff volumes from the site and stormwater collected from pavements. An accessible detention system was therefore required to spread the peak flow of storm events to meet local government requirements.
- ACO Stormbrixx® SD geocellular stormwater management system
- ACO’s Technical Services team provided designers with hydraulic sizing, a bill of quantity and installation drawings
- Unique pillar configuration provides a high void ratio of 97% of total volume available for storage
- Brick bonding and cross bonding feature provides unparalleled stability in the construction of the tank
- Access chamber provides access for cleaning large pipe diameter inlets and silt management