Winx Stand Royal Randwick Racecourse, Sydney, NSW
The Winx Stand is located at the southern end of the QE2 grandstand at Randwick Racecourse. The facility comprises a leading-edge, two-floor Conference and Exhibition Centre with increased weather protection and quality amenities for patrons on race days.
Project Design Brief
Engineers were required to incorporate an on-site stormwater infiltration system to alleviate uncontrolled runoff and to mitigate flooding around the dam in the middle of the course. The 276m3 underground tank needed to capture standing surface water with stormwater from the roof systems and slowly release it into safer surrounding areas. Engineers needed a strong, quick to assemble tank which could be maintained easily.
- StormBrixx® SD geocellular stormwater management system.
- ACO’s Technical Services provided the designer with structural calculations, installation drawings and a bill of quantity
- The lightweight stackable design simplifies delivery and site logistics and is also quick and easy to assemble on site.
- The tank’s brickbonding and cross bonding feature provides unparalleled stability.
- Access units together with the unique pillar configuration enables entry into the tank for maintenance and inspection.